Monday, October 26, 2009

The Cake

I just wanted to post the cake my sister and I had for Paytons birthday. We were both shocked at how good it came out. We are honestly not very creative or crafty people. It was definitly a process to make. The ears where 3 layers and the face was 2. We filled the layers with chocolate pudding. He had to let it cool in the fridge after each layer before we put the frosting on. Even with the frosting we had to do two layers so the crumbs from the cake wouldn't show through. It's definitly not a cake you would see on 'Ace of Cakes' but we thought we did a pretty good job.


the face


the ears


it coming together


it actually kind of looks like Mickey Mouse


the finished product


5 comments:

The Drinkwater Family said...

I am impressed! All you get from me is a sheet cake with some frosting and sprinkles!

..Kris Naven.. said...

WOW! When you update- you update! Lol! I went through and read all of your new posts, and I am so glad you guys had such a great time on vacation while visiting your family! That is awesome! The cake you made is so adorable, I've heard Chuckie Cheese's pizza is gross, why the heck wouldn't they let you back into the game, and I love how the animals got to know Payton REAL fast! LoL! Anyways, thanks for filling us all in, and I'm glad you guys had such a wonderful time! But we are glad you are back because we missed you! :)

Carley, John, Cohen, kennedy said...

Good Job! that is a great looking cake

Walton's said...

Looks great!!! I bet he loved it!

Unknown said...

The cake looks awesome. I could never do that. I need your email address so that we can send you an invite to our blog. My email is brooke_inday@yahoo.com